Company History

1911

First entry in the Royal-Prussian commercial register on June 13th, 1911.
The beginning of flange manufacture.

1916

Workforce was approximately 200 persons. First substantial investment were made.

1930

Worldwide depression – workforce reduced to 53.

1945

End of 2nd world war – the soviet military and ministation took over the production and Mitteldeutsche Flanschenfabrik AG was expropriated.

1949

The Flanschenwerk was transferred to public property. VEB Flanschenwerk Bebitz was the biggest flange producer in the GDR.

1972

Establishment of a new machine shop. Construction of the administrative building.

1980

Installation of Ring Mill, Hydraulic Mill and Calibration Press. Additional investments concerns for better results. Set up of 5 Forging presses, 2 Hammers. The number of employees has grown to approximatly 1,000 persons.

1990

Conversion of public property into private proberty by law. Establishing the Flanschenwerk Bebitz GmbH.

1992

Privatization by 4 owners. Establishing a subsidiary in the U.S.A.

2002

Insolvency. Continued the following 2 years by liquidator.

2004

Privatization of Flanschenwerk Bebitz GmbH by D. Kochhar from India.

2012

Construction of a new factory building.